If your firm is based in Thailand and deals with personal data, then you need to be fully aware of and knowledgeable about the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA). This act is already in effect and it regulates the collection, use, disclosure, and care of personal data. The aim of the PDPA is to protect people's privacy and give them more control over their personal data.
The PDPA website from SafeComs contains all the important information you need regarding the act, including 3 different self-assessments that your company can pick and choose from according to your needs and the budget that you have. The assessments are entirely catered to your specific business situation, and also provides all the templates along with guidance to ensure your road to compliance is the smoothest it can possibly be. Our 3 frameworks consist of the "Basic Self-assessment", "Advanced for SMEs", along with the "GAP & Implementation". In addition, the frameworks are not single-use as assessment users will be provided with continuous updates for up to a year after taking the assessment. This will enable your company to continually make amends to your policies and processes so that you can ensure you are compliant with PDPA around the clock.
The website is the most comprehensive out there when it comes to PDPA, and it's a great resource for companies who want to make sure they are compliant with this law. Pick and choose the self-assessment that's right for your firm, and get started on ensuring compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act today.
You will find more information about the PDPA on our website on some of the following topics:
• Why this act should be taken with utmost seriousness.
• The various implications the law holds for your company.
• The 3-step methodology that companies should take in order to reach optimal compliance.
• Benefits the PDPA will hold for your company and your customers.
• The negative side of the PDPA and the strong penalties that will result from non-compliance.
• Top tips to help you comply with the PDPA, that your company can start implementing right away.
• Latest updates and/or changes on the law.
• Origin of the PDPA.
• Definitions of commonly used terms in relation to the law and what they imply for your company.
And many, many more.
Bernard Collin, CEO SafeComs